经济学 is the study of human decision making, 互联性, and the distribution and allocation of scarce resources. This major emphasizes development and financial economics, with a focus on decision making, 资源管理, 以及公共政策.
Our program prepares students with industry experience through our SBGEInternships计划. Our students have held Internships at leading local businesses and industries such as Safeco, 摩根士丹利(Morgan Stanley), 星巴克, 和诺德斯特姆.
Students pursuing graduate study are encouraged to complete our 15 credit calculus series. Our graduates have gone on to study at top institutions such as Notre Dame, 贝勒, and the University of Washington.
经济学 students are required to take a total of 68 credits, including an economics core of 53 credits plus 15 elective credits towards one of five concentrations.
经济学 students choose one of the following concentrations. Students may select multiple concentrations.
- A Business Analysis concentration 将装备你 with additional skills and understanding related to marketing, 管理, 以及国际商务.
- 的 Development 经济学 concentration 会让你做好准备 to proactively work alongside and within developing countries around the world.
- 追求 Financial 经济学 concentration 能让你集中注意力吗 on issues such as financial accounting, business finance, and investments.
- 的 一般的浓度 provides you the opportunity to custom tailor your educational experience with the 经济学 courses that most interest you.
- A Public 政策 concentration 准备你 to pursue work and/or further studies in public administration, global development, and politics.
- 联邦 & 州政府
经济学 Graduate Profile – Class of 2020
就业 & 研究生院费率: 91% (6 mo.)
All 经济学 majors (with the exception of those on the graduate school track) gain industry experience through Internships, and will take a pre-internship class to help them find and apply for a qualified internship.
Students who wish to pursue graduate studies complete 15 credits in the calculus sequence in lieu of an internship. 的se students may so choose to acquire an internship, but they are not required to do so. In addition to the required internship for most 经济学 majors, students may elect to gain even more real-world experience through additional jobs and Internships. SPU的
就业中心 and 调用
. Students and employers also use SPU的 internship and job posting system, 握手